Have you recently made the decision to get a divorce in Illinois? Are you perplexed about how to proceed with your divorce? An Illinois divorce mediator explains 5 reasons why you may want to mediate your divorce.
When it comes to divorce, you have some options: one option is to litigate your divorce and go to court and another option is to mediate your divorce.
Your circumstances may be different than other people in the same situation, however, if you are in a position to have talks with your spouse, mediation may be a suitable option for you.
Here Are 5 Reasons to Mediate Your Divorce in Illinois
- Mediation is cost-effective compared to litigating your divorce: if money is limited and you want to avoid huge legal fees, you may want to consider divorce mediation because it will cost you way less than what a litigated divorce would.
- It is less stressful: you don’t have to go to court with mediation, therefore; it is less stressful than a divorce that involves litigation and ongoing arguments with your spouse.
- It gives you more flexibility: divorce mediation is the way to go if you are looking to put your divorce past you ASAP and move on with your life. An experienced divorce mediator will help both parties work through challenging issues and come to the right decisions for their family.
- Privacy and confidentiality: if you want to keep your divorce matters private, then divorce mediation is the right way to go. Whatever happens in court is public record and your personal life can become very public very quickly and that may be detrimental to your situation.
- It puts the best interest of the children first: because both parents will have the opportunity to sit down and discuss what they both want for their children; the end result will be more favorable for the children. In court, the judge will have the final word and their outlook on your case may not be what you envision for the future of your children.
As you can see, there are lots of benefits to mediating your divorce. Mediation is also a more peaceful option and because of that, it also provides a much simpler adjustment for your children.
Contact an Illinois Divorce Mediator Today to Discuss Your Options
Call Rincker Law today at (217) 774-1373 to speak to a skilled mediation attorney who is ready to help you with your divorce.